The main objectives of the Treaty Resource Centre are:
• to promote understanding of Te Tiriti throughout Aotearoa (e.g., Treaty education delivery and resource development, networking, supporting professional development for Treaty educators) See Educational resources
• to encourage and assist organisations to develop and apply Treaty-based policy (resource development re models being used, guidelines on audits, evaluation of effective processes) See Application
• to facilitate research that contributes to understanding of Te Tiriti and its application (identify priorities, undertake research, support others to do so) See Research
• to establish and maintain a repository for materials relevant to the Centre’s other objectives (website; database/library of published and unpublished materials)
• to share with and learn from relevant efforts overseas
The Centre is not about Māori development or Treaty history as these are already addressed by other organisations.